Saturday, January 1, 2011

A new year and new patterns!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Also, happy year of the rabbit!!

This might sound lame, but my new years resolution this year is to get creative and to get organized. After getting married to my wonderful husband last August, life has been one hell of a whirlwind! Our finances are all over the place, traveling backpacks and luggage all over the house, purging all our old stuff to make room for all the new stuff as well as each others stuff!

For the last few months I have been working like a little bee on getting our little beach condo neat and organized. So far so good, we took everything off the walls, painted, spent some time updating the kitchen and finished hanging and caulking the crown molding. Along with all that, I've also started my new business "The little road said go!" So my solid goal this year is to get most of the big house projects done and have fun being creative and decorating! Get some of those pictures back on the walls as well as some new stuff! Plus, get all our finances in order and have a monthly plan. Plus, just have fun designing new projects and playing with new materials.

I've been so inspired lately looking at fun upholstery and fabrics. I've recently found this AMAZING little online shop called "Skinny Laminx"
http://skinnylaminx.com/
This shop has some of the neatest and funnest fabric I've ever seen!! I have so many projects in mind for the house after seeing some of her products. I can't wait to get started!

Here are some really fun and amazing re-upholstery projects!
I just love some of these patterns!


Skinny Laminx fabrics:

And for something a little more on the funky side!
These fabrics aren't by Skinny Laminx but are just as fun!

And for something a little more sweet!
I love this simple black upholstery with the colorful designed pillows.
I really love the combination of these two fabrics! Probably wouldn't be something I would match together, but I think it looks really great!


Cheers!

No comments: