Sunday, January 23, 2011

WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM!!!!

I have a confession...... The truth is, I know you all feel the same way I feel, whether you admit it or not!  Ice cream taste's soooooooooooo much better when its cold out side!  I couldn't tell you exactly why it is so, maybe the cold just makes the flavors pop!  Or, maybe its just our body telling us to fatten up to stay warmer!  For whatever reason it is, I find myself day dreaming about ice cream all the time during the cold season, and boy has it been cold here lately in Seattle!
.
Last night, I had dinner with my wonderful friend Auna up on Queen Anne.  After dinner we went for a walk and did a little window shopping.  Then, we bumped into this!


A Molly Moon's ice cream truck!!!!!!!!!!!!
Molly Moon's, I personally believe, is one of the most amazing ice cream experiences one could possibly have.  Their are two shops here in Seattle, one on Capitol Hill and the other in Wallingford, but I never knew there was an ICE CREAM TRUCK!


Just a little history on this amazing ice cream.  A self proclaimed hippy child, Molly Moon is actually the owners real name.  Her ice creams are hand forged by herself and her team of ice cream scientists and inventors.  All her ingredients are locally grown here in Washington, and most of her ingredients are organic.
Not only is the ice cream hand made and carefully thought out, the waffle cones are actually made right there in front of you, on a small little waffle iron while you wait.  You can only imagine the heavenly smell that hits you when you walk into Molly's shop.


Get a load of these flavors!
  • Balsamic Strawberry
  • Maple Walnut
  • "Scout" Mint
  • Salted Caramel
  • Rosemary Meyer Lemon
  • Honey Lavender
  • Theo Coconut Kiss
  • Cardamom
  • Carrot Cake
My personal favorite is the Honey Lavender.  Oooohhh so yummy.  They also have seasonal flavors as well.
One thing you have to keep in mind when you make a visit to Molly Moon's is, patience is definately a virtue.  On just a normal day, the line will wrap around the corner for these tasty milky treats.


But did I mention they make your waffle cone right there while you wait?!


Now that I know they have an ice cream truck, I can get my grubby little paws on this ice cream more often.
If you're interested in trying Molly's or knowing where to find the ice cream truck, you can visit their website HERE or follow them on twitter to find out where the ice cream truck will be located next!  It's always on the move you see!


One last thing that makes me love Molly Moon's any more is their mascot, Parker Posey.  This is Molly's little pet dog, who is half French Bull Dog and half Boston Terrier.  He can sometimes be seen puttering around the shops when Molly is working.  Hes a cutie!
I may have to buy this adorable Parker Posey pillow the next time I'm in. 


CHEERS!

No comments: