Tuesday, January 4, 2011

STAMPING IN TO 2011

Thanks to one of my favorite blogs, [Simplesong] for pointing out the amazing stamps USPS will be featuring this year! There are so many to tickle anyone's fancy but here are my favorites!

LATIN MUSIC LEGENDS
"Five legendary musicians and performers of the Latin sound whose contributions have had a lasting impact on American music —Selena, Carlos Gardel, Carmen Miranda, Tito Puente, and Celia Cruz – will be honored on stamps. Among the distinctive musical genres and styles represented are Tejano, tango, samba, Latin jazz, and salsa. The stamps go on sale in March."
My major study when I was in college was Latin music and Tito Puente is one of my absolute all time favorites! But all these artists have a special little place in my heart!

PIONEERS IN AMERICAN INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
"The Pioneers of American Industrial Design stamp pane honors 12 of the nation’s most important and influential industrial designers. Encompassing everything from furniture and electric kitchen appliances to corporate office buildings and passenger trains, the work of these designers helped shape the look of everyday life in the 20th century. The stamps go on sale in July."
These stamps just tickle my design fancy. I'm a lover of the industrial movement and I just love these beauties!

No comments: