Saturday, September 17, 2011

HOME FOR THE WEEKEND: THUNDERHILL SPORTING CLAYS



The best part about this particular weekend, is that I'm home in California spending time with my family and friends.   There isn't much more that encompasses home than this!  One little tradition I have when I come home to visit is to take a trip out to Thunderhill Pheasant Club, and shoot a round of sporting clays with my dad and his buddy's. 


I always enjoy the how pretty it is out on the ranch, golden rolling hills as far as you can see.   Wild life roaming around all over, and big huge dragonflies zipping about. I get to spend some good quality time with my Dad, and I get to join in on a little poking fun with my Dad's crazy friends.
Over the years I've adopted a new nick name out here.
Liiiizzzarrd
What does it mean?  Can't tell ya, or I'd have to kill ya.  :O)


My Dad taught me how to shoot a gun when I was about 12, which is actually a skill that I'm really thankful to have.  When I was younger we would shoot target practice, but today we have a lot more fun shooting sporting clays.  You normally have 10 to 12 stations that you shoot at, each one sporting 2 clay discs that are set up to fly out in any formation imaginable... some of them even roll on the ground.  The idea is to simulate a hunting experience, but of coarse with shot guns and clay discs.  There are rules, and you keep score, and by the end of the game, you've shot about 100 shells.  I normally leave with a stiff shoulder and sometimes a bruise, but it's all part of the fun.





Even Curtis joins in when he gets the chance!


If you're ever out this way, Thunderhill is a great place to check out.
Tell them Liiiizzzaarrdd sent ya.


"Beep Beep!" from The Little Road!

No comments: