Saturday, April 16, 2011

IT'S T-BALL!!

My husbands family can quite easily be considered a baseball family.  My husbands brother played baseball most of his life, he has one hell of a pitchers arm!  So this weekend was a pretty big to do, because our little five year old nephew Xander played his very first game of T-Ball! 
.
I've been sick with a cold and cough for the last few days, so I'm on day 2 of not getting much sleep do to coughing my guts out.  So this morning I showed up at the opening ceremony armed with a fluffy hoody sweat shirt and a giant Chai Late.  Chai really is a life savor.  It was great fun to see all the excited wiggly kids walking across the field.  Non of them could hold still. Lol

After the opening ceremony, Curt and I had some extra time to poke around Puyallup.  Luck came our way and we bumped right into an artisan festival in the park.  Artisan festival to me equals fun crafts to look at aaaaannnddd STREET FOOD!   Oh how I love street food!  Curtis and I found a delectable hand made tamale booth.  Now that is my kind of breakfast!  They also had these amazing fried little canoli like pastries.. Oh so yummy!   On top of an ideal breakfast, I made of with a few new treasures.  I picked up a nifty old beet up fruit crate and a perfect little pick nick basket for only $5 for both!  Woot!


Xander's first game was this afternoon.  It was so great to see all the kids getting the hang of the game.  It's really just teaching the kids to hit, catch and throw, along with good sportsmanship and team playing.  Xander made sure to correct us when ever we would call it a "Baseball Game".  He would say "It's T-BALL!!"  Over all, it was such a great day to get outside and spend time with family!

CHEERS!

No comments: