Monday, March 21, 2011

ON THE BOOK SHELF

A long time ago I found this great book shelf on Craigslist for $100.  The lady I bought it from said that it was originally a built in bookshelf that was torn out of an old home before it was demolished.  Saved from total destruction!  Its an amazing bookshelf too!  its about 10 feet long and almost 5 feet high.  It takes up a full wall but it also gives me sort of a mantel to play with also. 
.
I've had the bookshelf a couple years now, and its always been painted this dirty orangey white.  It was all chipped, which I LOVE but the color just looked dingy and dirty.


So I gave it a face lift!  I didn't go over board, in fact, I painted it the same way it originally was because the paint that was on it was its original paint, I just whitened it up a bit.  I also didn't want to paint the whole thing because I LOVE the industrial look of the wood with the chippy paint. 
Of course I color coded all my books, but as you can see, I need a lot more books to actually make a statement here!


By the way..... Look at what new book just graced the shelf today!



It is our long excitedly awaited wedding book!  Designed by the most talented and wonderful CLEARY O'FARRELL PHOTOGRAPHY.  Cleary did such an amazing job capturing those natural and beautiful moments during our wedding.  I just can't say enough about how happy we have been with her work as well as her as a person.  She is someone that I will consider to be a friend for years to come!
.
Take a look!


Our hotel room at the amazing Arctic Club Hotel in downtown Seattle.  That is a walrus above the room number!


My wedding party getting read at the hotel and goofing off!


All my girls carried hand painted fans from Spain instead of flowers.


There is little Liam, our ring bearer carrying his ring pillow.  And, our officiant dancing down the street!  It really was a day for dancing!


A mariachi band serenaded "Sin Ti" as I walked down the aisle.


The beautiful garden over looking the Seattle skyline where we had our ceremony.


The rings.


Curtis special dance with his mother (Garden Party by Rick Nelson.)  I love how Cleary caught her in her bare feet!


My friends know me all to well and snuck me in a bottle of Tequila.  :O)  (Thanks Chris!)


Our amazing rock-a-billy band at our reception, The Dusty 45's!  For their finally, Billy stood on top of the upright base, lit his trumpet on fire and played "Miserlou!"  Amazing end to the night!

Thank you Cleary!  We love you more than Bob Ross loves painting "Little Happy Trees!"
And that's the truth!

CHEERS!


No comments: