Friday, December 24, 2010

CHRISTMAS EVE TRADITIONS

IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE!
I managed to get everything done. Whew! I got all my Christmas presents sewn and wrapped! *I'll show you the sewing projects after Christmas. I don't want to ruin the surprise. :)
I got all the presents wrapped and under our tree! By the way, our tree this year is a cool large twig that I found on the beach covered in cool knots and little pine cones. I got all the decorations up and I managed to do a little table arrangement to show all you guys. For the most part, I just used what I have around the house and some leftover bits and pieces from our wedding centerpieces. Take a look!

Our chandelier above our dining room table. I draped a little frosty garland around the base of the lights and I removed the light globes so it would look like candles sitting on top of the garland.


I got a huge lot of Brazilian coffee sacks from a local coffee shop for free! I have the old traditional red table cloth, but I thought I would try and make traditional Christmas red a little rustic and nature-like. I used some of my vintage art deco silverware and my vintage Americana mason drinking jars.



This nifty old bird cage has probably been around forever! My dad gave it to me when I was a little kid to collect bugs and lizards in. I've always just had to hold on to this thing.


Picked up some cranberries and cinnamon sticks at JoAnn's, and the trifle dish I got at TJ Max a while back. I love it!

My husband and I always open our stockings to each other on Christmas Eve as well as one special Christmas Eve gift. I can never fit everything I get Curtis in one stocking so this year I figured we would go with some fun bags! It worked so much better! I love these cute owl bags from World Market!

Every year on Christmas Eve my parents used to give me my special Christmas Eve gift. It was always a brand new pair of pajamas! I always loved that tradition so I've decided to carry on the tradition with Curtis.






I found these super cute flannel boxer pajamas for Curtis at Target. I love those pine cones!!



We also had to make sure that our little kitty Tula got to participate in our Christmas Eve celebration. We let her open one of her presents too, though I don't think she would appreciate pajamas quite as much as we do.


~A can of catnip filled sardines!!!~ LOL

She was so excited, I couldn't get a focused picture of her because she was rolling around so much!

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS EVE NIGHT!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!!

No comments: