Tuesday, December 13, 2011

HOW DID THEY DO THAT?!

Check out this amazing floor installation that a restaurant in New York did.


This whole floor is entirely maid from pennies.  Honestly I'm kind of in love with this idea.
My kitchen is tiny, and this would be enough quirk for me without compromising exceptional beauty.




Only question is, how the heck did they do it?  I assume they have ether glued the pennies down, or they adhered them onto regular tiling mesh.  But what really stumps me is that there is no way they could have used grout.  It would have gotten stuck in all the crevices of the pennies..... Is it done like a mosaic maybe?  What do you think they used to seal it?
.
This would be so awesome in my kitchen if I could only figure out the logistics of it.

What do yall think?

"Beep Beep" from The Little Road!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Jen over at Epot (the same Jen from Cake Wrecks)has an awesome tutorial for using pennies to make a desktop! http://www.epbot.com/2010/09/money-money-money.html It's a very similar process, I bet!