Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A VINTAGE VALENTINE

Is everyone preparing for Valentines day?
.
W.H. Auden says it best I think;
"I'll love you, dear, I'll love you till China and Africa meet and the river jumps over the mountain and the salmon sing in the street."
.
Finding the right words to say to the one you love is not always the easiest task.
But here are a few fun play on words to make your love bird smile!
.
P.S. All these vintage cards are now available in my Etsy store!
Check them out! They are going fast!
All these cards have been dated from 1936
.

SOLD!

"We'll fly to the sky. Oh! How divine. If you will be my Valentine"
I just love the colors in this card! Also the little couple in the plane move side to side as well as the little heart. :O)

"It's "Plane" to see! I want you for my Valentine."
.
I love this card! Such a neat looking moon and the arm and plane are on a bracket and move up and down. I love the little German boy and girl also!


"I'm after your scalp! But don't let that WARRIOR!"
Definitely not something you would see today but that's what makes it so great!
The little door on the tepee opens and closes.


"My heart is ANCHORED fast, its yours dear Valentine."
http://www.etsy.com/listing/65756641/vintage-1930s-movable-valentines-card
.
Another fun one with amazing colors. I love the 1930's swanky feel to this one.
The sailor wiggles back and forth as well as the smoke stack.


"Bare chance of being your valentine? Less S-OAP you will."
http://www.etsy.com/listing/65758431/vintage-1930s-bathtub-valentines-card
.
I love the little boy in this one. He reminds me of those old cupie dolls. Well, minus the little pointed hair do. This card isn't in perfect condition, but it definitely shows some love, and that makes it even more special.
.
What plans have yall made for Valentines day?



No comments: